• Never leave your fur near a radiator, as heat causes the fur to singe and the leather to become dry
• If your fur gets damp, hang it to dry in a cool place with air circulating round it – not in a cupboard
or wardrobe. If your fur is really soaked through, bring it to us for proper attention.
• Do not comb or brush furs – just shake them firmly.
• Use a well-shaped and padded hanger; allowing enough space around your fur to prevent it from becoming crushed.
• Do not store a fur in a plastic bag; air cannot circulate and the leather will tend to dry out.
• Never spray perfumes directly on fur. Fragrance residue is difficult to remove, even in cleaning.
• “A stitch in time saves nine,” and this is especially true of fur, so have any small splits or tears repaired immediately by us, before they further damage your garment.
• Have your fur cleaned regularly and only by us. We will tell you how often your particular fur should be cleaned. Professional cleaning removes dirt, enlivens the leather and brings back its
natural luster and will prolong the life of your fur.
• Protect furs, which you are not wearing during the summer months from drying heat, moths and insects, by placing them in a cool area or cold storage where the temperature is kept constant. We will arrange to have this done for you.
• When sitting for a period in a fur coat it is advisable to unfasten it. No fur has the elasticity of